One way Jesus

One way Jesus

Monday, October 25, 2010

Does it seem....

Does it seem at times that God is taking us down the same road again and again? That is where I have kind of been stuck recently.  Not long ago I got in touch with a child(now a young adult) of a friend of mine from when I was a young adult. Now the child and I have been  talking off and on for the past couple or weeks. The mom( my friend) has decided not to have contact with me. no reason given. If this was the first time something like this happened to me, it would make sence where my mind went upon hearing this news(my mind said what did or have I done wrong), but truth is this is not the first time. I have been through this experience atleast 3 times before. First time, he(friend) came back to me after about 6 months. That time my life had changed so much, that I couldn't chance being friends with him again (how I regret that choice)
Second time it happened, it was a whole family, and I struggled deeply for months over this one. But adventually was able to give the heartache up to God and though I thought of them often and longed for the contact again. the heartache went away and all that was left as a struggle was never trusting to get close to anyone again. Well, God had other plans. Before this family came back into my life, God did bring others into my life that not only became a close friend, but would be the third to walk out of my life...no reason given. Any way, the family after like 2 yrs, is back in my life again :-). The third was a friend that had touched my heart deeper then anyone had ever before, that is how strong my heart grew to trust him(friend) and God used that to grow my heart. Then one day, no more contact....no reason given. This time however, I didn't "stalk" to try to re-connect(as I did with the first), I didn't go to heart ache and shut down trust(as I did with the second), but I still did wonder why and  very ocassionally tried to get back in contact with him. Through this one, others in my life taught me that when something like this happens, that it is not necessarily about me. And that sometime people are only in our life for a season(though I never really accepted that because I know that when people are connected at the heart of God, they are never really gone) and I also grew stronger in that everything happens in God's timing and for God's reason. This friend has very recently gotten back in touch with me after like a yr and a half.
Now, God has blessed me deeply with reconnecting with people from my past, with the exception of two friends that were near and  dear to my heart in my late teen/early adult yrs. One, Is not on computer, but I recently discovered her address and will write to her soon. The other is the one that has said she wants no contact with me.....no reason given. So I did for a moment go again to what did or have I done wrong, but only for a moment, as I know not what her life is these days, and until I know different, I have no reason to assume it is me, the reason. I am not at heart ache and I am not stalking her and I know if we are to be in contact again that it will be in God's timimg. However, my heart is still sad about this and because I am in contact with her daughter, I don't know how to respond to this and I can't at this point figure out what God wants me to learn from this. All I really know is at this point I am starting to kind of get tired of going through this process over and over again. I guess all I can do at this point is pray.....prayer is definately for those time when there seems to be no answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment