One way Jesus

One way Jesus

Saturday, September 5, 2009

God telling me to slow down

Recently I started into a 12 step program at Celebrate Recovery at my my church. It is getting to the inventory part. which is good in that it is uncovering the root of some of my "issues". As when light is brought to them then I can heal and grow. only as soon as God revealed that to me then it seems the door is swung wide open and these days it just seems like too much is going on again. it makes me kind of want to run and hide, but I won't do that as my days of running from myself are coming to an end. So with this stuff coming out, on top of what already is life, this day God is working on me slowing down. as even God took 7 days to create the world( ok, 6 days one day to rest). So for this moment, that means letting things be as they are, and being content that what has needed light shine in on it, with in me is happening, to move farther on that in this moment can wait. also means what I see God working in other people's lives, sometime it is ok just to be a viewer, until and if God wants me involved. But most of all at this point God is telling me to rest. I can be stubborn on that one, However I will try my best to make this day( Saturday )a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment